We here at the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire are inviting all you creative individuals, families, clubs, organizations, and school teams to take the Cardboard Challenge! Design and develop creative and inspiring exhibits made almost entirely out of cardboard!
Think outside the “Box” to find innovative ways to transform any cardboard material into something unique. Will you make a creative model (like a sculpture or structure), an interactive game, a functioning machine, or something else entirely!? We’ll display your masterpiece in a “Cardboard Box Museum” at the 6th annual Dover Mini Maker Faire on August 25, 2018. A panel of Makers will judge the creations. The judges will be looking at creativity, functionality and artistic representation. Winners in each age/group category will receive awards.
The Children’s Museum of New Hampshire’s vision is to inspire all to become the next generation of innovators and creative thinkers. This Cardboard Challenge does just that by:
- engaging students, families, and adults in creative play.
- fostering problem solving skills, creativity, ingenuity, resourcefulness, perseverance, and teamwork.
- giving individuals an opportunity to explore their interests and passions, and make things that have an impact on others.
- providing a platform for communities to actively foster and celebrate creativity.
- Each team can consist of 1-25 individuals, and can enter to represent one of the following categories: an individual maker, a family/friends team, a school, club, organization or business.
- The entire exhibit must be no larger than 5′ wide x 5′ deep x 7′ tall. It should also be free-standing (as in it does not need to be anchored to a wall, ceiling or floor).
- 80% of your creation should be made of any kind of cardboard material.
- Up to 20% of the materials used to design, decorate or make your exhibit function can be made of any other kind of material.
- At least one team member should be available to transport, set-up and take down the exhibit, as well as also answer questions about your piece at a presentation during the Dover Mini Maker Faire on Saturday, August 25, 2018. Each entry will receive two complementary Dover Mini Maker Faire admissions. Additionally, other team members will receive reduced admission at $5 each (not to exceed 25 people).
- You may use battery or electricity to power your creation, but the use of chemicals, open flame, or hazardous materials is prohibited.
- Finally, you must fill out this form to display with your creation at the Dover Mini Maker Faire.
You can either register online below, or download, print and mail this form to: Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, ATTN: Xanthi Gray, 6 Washington Street, Dover, NH 03820.